Custom Search

Green Eco-Friendly New Year’s Celebration with Resolutions For 2011

 With it being the last week of December, it is time to start looking at New Year’s resolutions for next year.  When coming up with what you want to do differently next year, make sure you include one or two (or even ten) of the following green resolutions:
  • I will change all of my light bulbs this year to energy saving ones (CFLs or LEDs).
  • I will install water saving devices in my bathroom on my toilet and shower.
  • I will try to use my car less and bike and/or walk more.  (I would shoot for a least once a week).
  • I will use a reusable coffee cup.
  • I will buy a programmable thermostat.
  • I will turn down the thermostat at night.
  • I will recycle newspapers, cans, plastic, and cardboard.
  • I will plant at least one tree.
  • I will buy recycled products.
  • I will use cloth cleaning towels (preferably bamboo).
  • I will use reusable cloth bags when I go shopping.  I will also leave these bags in my car, so I will have them when I need them.
  • I will reduce my use of pesticides and other hazardous household chemicals. 
  • I will use biodegradable laundry soap instead petroleum based ones.
  • I will compost.
  • I will turn off the shower when I am washing my hair and washing my body to save water.
  • I will stop buying bottled water.
  • I will visit CatalogChoice.org to put a stop to unwanted catalogs that end up in my mailbox. This means less pollution and less waste.
  • I will quit using hot water in my washing machine.  (Did you know about 90% of the energy a washing machine uses is to heat the water?)
  • I will hang my clothes outside to dry.  (Did you know that the second biggest household energy user, after the refrigerator, is the clothes dryer? Over drying your clothes can end up costing you as well.)
  • I will use my dishwasher more.  (A dishwasher uses a third less water than washing the dishes by hand).
  • I will lower the temperature in my refrigerator to between 38 and 42 degrees (F). This temperature will protect my food from spoiling while saving electricity.
  • I will give up dry cleaning.
  • I will check the tire pressure regularly on my vehicles.  If every American kept their tires properly inflated, we could save 2.8 billion gallons of gas a year!
  • I will let my car idle less.  Idling for more than 10 seconds wastes more gas than is needed for startup.
  • I will turn off my computer at night.  By doing so, I will save an average of $90 of electricity a year.
  • When it becomes available in my area, I will purchase green power from my local utility. 
  • I will sign up for online billing.  Not only does this help save trees, it also eliminates the fossil fuel needed to get all those billing envelopes back and forth.
Now, this list is not all or nothing.  You can definitely pick what changes you can make in your life.  What New Year’s resolutions are you making this year?

Please i request you all of my blog readers and my visitors celebrate this new year with eco friendly programs.and also spread this news to all of your peoples.We all can make the differences in nature.

Share n Enjoy
Source:http://blog.greenearthbamboo.com/20101228/green-is-grand/eco-friendly-new-years-resolutions-for-2011/

3 comments:

  1. My resolution is to continue being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very comprehensive list of resolutions with great and valuable pointers here that I should from now on always keep in mind. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a very significant blog indeed. I've acquired a lot of helpful tips on how to be eco-friendly from your article. Thank you for sharing such relevant topic with us.

    ReplyDelete

Every day in this blog, our posts are flooded with help request comments from all around the world. The mad, the bad and the downright stupid.

Our dedicated team go through each and every one of these comments.

Just a very few comments actually are replying by our team. If you post url(s) to another websites even we don't approve your comment. (you can link to any page in this blog)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...